According to these consolidated figures taken from international organizations, Colombia has encouraging prospects for engaging in entrepreneurship in the area of ICT.
- On a list of 144 countries, Colombia ranks 66th among the most competitive. In Innovation and sophistication factors it ranks 64th according to the Global Competitiveness Report 2014-2015 of the World Economic Forum.
- According to the Global Entrepreneurship Report 2014 by Amway, in Colombia 64% of respondents believe that entrepreneurs are made, while 35% believe that one is born with the entrepreneurial spirit.
- Colombia ranks fourth on the list of countries with the greatest number of innovative ventures in an early stage, according to the World Economic Forum's study “Leveraging Entrepreneurial Ambition and Innovation”. The top three countries are Chile, Denmark and South Africa.
- Colombia ranks fourth among the countries with the best systemic conditions for entrepreneurship in Latin America. Worldwide, it ranks 38th among 54 countries assessed. The top spot goes to the U.S., according to the Inter-American Development Bank’s 2014 Index of Systemic Conditions for Dynamic Entrepreneurship.
- As regards culture favorable to entrepreneurship, Colombia ranks 5th at regional level and 22nd worldwide. In the index of entrepreneurial human capital, Colombia ranks first in Latin America and 19th worldwide according to the aforementioned 2014 Index of Systemic Conditions for Dynamic Entrepreneurship.
- On average, a person employed in the ICT sector in Colombia earns $3,311,000 a month (approximately 1,000 USD), according to the Landscape of the ICT Sector in Colombia report published in March 2015.
- In 2013, 13,026 people graduated in Colombia in national professional training programs related to ICT, according to the Baseline of ICT R&D Indicators: 2015 Colombia Indicators, Ministry of ICT.
- According to the Global Entrepreneurship Monitor, 72% of entrepreneurs in Colombia see good opportunities for setting up a venture in the area where they live.
- More than 6.4 million Colombians are involved in entrepreneurship projects, according to the study Entrepreneurship in Colombia.
- Colombia is the best country in Latin America for doing business, according to the World Bank's study “Doing Business 2015: Going Beyond Efficiency". Worldwide it ranks 34th, Singapore being the top country.
Digital is dedicated to helping small businesses. We review software and publish a library of resources on everything people need to start and grow a business; from idea and formation to financing, building a website and disaster-proofing systems. Anyone interested in GEW will find Digital a valuable website.
Other interesting stories