18 Mar 2019
Once the annual financial statements are approved at the Annual General Meeting, BBVA is now releasing the report ‘BBVA in 2018.’ This report covers all the BBVA Group’s activity in 2018 and puts the focus on the most relevant aspects for the bank’s stakeholders.
15 Nov 2017
The BBVA Group takes another step forward in its digital transformation and in improving customer experience, with a new website for shareholders and investors. The site includes new content and the latest trends in browsing, and is accessible from any mobile device.
14 Jul 2017
The European Commission just unveiled a new directive on corporate governance, and more specifically on shareholders’ rights, which will have to be transposed nationwide by June 2019. The Commission’s initiative serves a dual purpose: It wants to promote the use of new technologies in the corporate governance of companies while increasing the commitment to transparency among institutional investors, asset managers and the companies in which they invest.
17 Mar 2017
- Quorum was over 63%
- The financial statements were approved with more than 99% of votes. And the approval for the management of the business society in 2016 received almost 99% of votes.
The remaining items in the agenda were approved by a large majority.
14 Mar 2016
BBVA moves ahead in its transformation process, or “transformation journey”, with the publication of its online annual report BBVA in 2015 covering all the financial and non-financial information on the Group. Following the approval of the 2015 annual accounts at the Annual General Meeting, the bank provides its shareholders and investors the most relevant information from the year in an innovating digital format. With a modern design and the latest trends in navigation and usability, the report presents the bank’s strategy and covers all the year’s management information in a simple and intuitive manner.
11 Mar 2016
Speaking to the media minutes before BBVA’s Annual General Meeting, held today in Bilbao, Francisco González went over some of the key points of the Group’s performance in 2015 and shared his insights into the Spanish and global economic context.
03 Feb 2016
- Record income: Gross income for the full year and for the fourth quarter reached a new record: €23.68 billion (up 10.9% y-o-y) and €6.15 billion (up 6.6% on the same period last year), respectively
- Risks: BBVA Group’s NPL ratio improved to 5.4% at year-end vs. 5.8% in 2014, with coverage ratio of 74%
- Capital: BBVA’s CET1 ratio fully-loaded was 10.3% at the end of 2015 following a solid evolution in the last quarter. It rose 57 basis points from October to December
- Transformation: Digital banking is making further gains in terms of customer satisfaction and digital sales. At the end of the year 19.2% of new consumer credits in Spain were sold through digital channels. In Mexico this figure was 29.6%