Podcast: Alex Beard: Artificial intelligence, educating for the challenges of the future
Alex Beard has spent a decade dedicated to educational research. He is a member of Teach for All, a worldwide network of independent educational organizations that seek to ensure that all children are given the opportunity to fulfil their potential. He has traveled the world studying the most innovative, ground-breaking educational methods. Of everything he has learned on his travels, he stresses that we should “take creativity more seriously” and that we are at the threshold of an “educational revolution”.
With respect to artificial intelligence, he is upbeat: he asserts that we are mistaken to compare the human brain with artificial intelligence because “human brains are organic and rebellious” he adds: "The idea that the machines learn better than humans is dangerous and a lie." He is also the author of several books, among which are Natural Born Learners (2018) and 'Other Ways of Learning: What Works in Education and Why' (2019).
'Aprendemos juntos' is an educational project developed by BBVA to make our brand promise a reality: Creating opportunities. This initiative is also the result of a collaboration with El País and Santillana Group.
- Podcast: Four steps to achieving ''emotional agility'', Susan David
- Podcast: Five behaviors that will make you happier
- Podcast: Love at first sight: what does the science say?
- Podcast: "Knowledge is useless if you don't share it", Michio Kaku
- Podcast: Wendy Suzuki: The importance of saying 'I love you', according to neuroscience
- Podcast: Empathy: Your children learn from what they see in you
- Podcast: "Learning how to learn is more important than ever", Jimmy Wales
- Podcast: Blue School: from Broadway to the classroom, Matt Goldman
- Podcast: "Help your children discover their passions", Richard Gerver
- Podcast: Educating children in an 'I can' mindset, Kiran Bir Sethi
Other interesting stories