Here are today’s top stories:
– The space probe Juno reached Jupiter after a five year trip. Juno is the solar-powered spacecraft that has traveled the farthest in space.
– German Chancellor Angela Merkel is meeting with Argentine President Mauricio Macri.
– The European Commission will decide today the terms under which it will activate the process against Spain and Portugal for not meeting deficit targets.
– The ECB and euro zone countries’ central banks are presenting new 50 euro bills.
– Celebrations continue for the end of Ramadan.
– Luis de Guindos, the Minister of Economy and Competitiveness, announced that the Spanish government will revise upwards the economic growth outlook for 2016. It is currently set at 2.7% in the new economic framework that will serve as the basis for the 2017 general state budget.
– International tourists spent €24.81 billion during their trips to Spain between January and May this year, an increase of 11.4%.
Other interesting stories