Born in Pamplona in 1963.
BBVA professional career
- 2018-2019 Global Head of Regulation & Internal Control²
- 2011-2018 Global Head of Legal & Compliance.
- 2007-2011 Head of Legal Services, Tax Consulting, Audit & Compliance.
- 2003-2007 Head of Legal Services.
- 2002-2003 Head of Legal Affairs.
Previous professional career
- 1997-2002 Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director of Retail Operation in Continental Europe (France, Spain, Portugal, Italy and Greece), Barclays.
- 1992-1997 General Secretary and General Counsel of Barclays Bank in Spain.
- 1992 Several positions at Spain’s Justice Department. Teacher of Administrative Law at Universidad Pontificia de Comillas.
- 1988-1992 Spanish State lawyer.
Education and qualifications
- Law Degree, Universidad de Navarra.
- Advanced Management Programme, Wharton Business School.
(2) Reporting to the Board of Directors through its corresponding committees.