Navigation, access and security
At BBVA, we are aware of the need to guarantee the transfer of information between the Bank and its customers. For this reason, BBVA has maximum security measures to guarantee the confidentiality of communications between the Bank and its customers. Transactional services operate on a secure server using SSL protocol (Secure Socket Layer), which is always activated when you log on to the service. The secure server establishes a connection so that the information is transmitted encoded in 128-bit algorithms, thus ensuring that they are only intelligible to the customer’s computer and the bank’s server. When using the SSL protocol, you are therefore guaranteed:
- That customers are sending their details to the BBVA server center, and not to any other party that may try to simulate being the bank.
- That all data is encrypted between the client and the BBVA server center, thus preventing their possible reading or manipulation by third parties.
You should always ensure that you are entering personal data on a secure page. Don’t forget to follow the safety standards below, whenever you are requested for personal data on the Internet:
- Verify that the connection is made through a secure server by checking the items detailed below:
- Through the server address (URL), as a secure server address starts with https: although it usually begins with http.
- By means of an indication on your browser, whereby one or other of the bottom corners of the screen displays a whole key (as opposed to a broken key for a non-secure server) or a closed padlock (instead of an open one for a non-secure server).
- Check the security certificates for the page you are currently at:
- Click on the lock icon that appears when accessing a secure area, on the bottom right side of your web browser, and verifying that the expiry date and the certificate domain are in force. The detailed information contains the issuer, the validity period and for whom the certificate was issued.
And remember that BBVA will never send you a request for personal data by e-mail. If you receive a message of this type, please do not provide any details and contact BBVA immediately at 901 11 44 77.