With less than a month to go until the highly-anticipated BBVA Compass Iron City Showdown, the city of Birmingham is on the verge of hosting its first professional basketball game in more than a decade.
Multiple initiatives have launched, and more are still to come leading up to game day. Speaking of game day, when seats start to fill up at the BJCC, BBVA Compass clients have the chance to take advantage of exclusive and amazing perks to enhance their experience.
Professional basketball games, especially ones that present marquee teams, are few and far between in Birmingham. See below for a quick view of what could be awaiting customers beyond the hardwood:
(story continues below)
- Dedicated entry lines at both the north and south entrances of the BJCC.
- Dedicated concession lines throughout the BJCC.*
- Post-game free throw experience with exclusive photo opportunities on the court.
A few things to know:
- Clients will need a wristband to participate in these experiences, which they can receive at BBVA Compass activation spaces both inside and outside the arena
- Once you receive a wristband, you will also get a flyer that has the locations for the entrances, concessions, and meeting point for the court experience.
- Clients can show their mobile app or card to prove that they have an account with BBVA Compass.
- To protect against showing sensitive information, clients can use the home page of the mobile app show to “last logged in” time and date.
- Need more information? There will be dedicated BBVA Compass signage and guest services employees stationed in and around the arena to help answer questions and direct clients in the right location
Not a client? Click here to learn more.
About the game:
The BBVA Compass Iron City Showdown will pit the Houston Rockets against the Memphis Grizzlies on Tuesday, October 2, 2018 at Legacy Arena. The game is a pro-basketball exhibition match brought to Birmingham, Ala. by BBVA Compass as part of its commitment to create opportunities for the communities the bank calls home. This high-profile sports experience, made possible through BBVA Compass’ relationship with the Houston Rockets, will be the first pro-basketball game played in Birmingham in 12 years and will bring together fans and families from Birmingham’s communities and beyond to enjoy professional basketball at its best. The BBVA Compass Iron City Showdown will be played at Legacy Arena at the BJCC on Tuesday, October 2. Tickets are on sale and can be purchased through the BBVA Compass Iron City Showdown website. For more information, visit ironcityshowdown.com.
*Not every concession location will have a dedicated line.
Other interesting stories