Senior Advisor to the Chair
Born in Bilbao in 1962.
BBVA professional career
- 2018 Senior Advisor to the Chair.
- 2012-2018 Global Head of Corporate & Investment Banking.
- 2007-2012 Head of Spain & Portugal.
- 2006-2007 Head of Corporate & Middle cap co. of Spain and Portugal.
- 1997-2006 Head of Global Corporate Banking.
- 1996-1997 Director of the Real Estate unit of BBV.
Previous professional career
- 1994-1996 Managing Director of “Corporación Financiera Banesto” in the bailout process of Banesto.
- 1990-1994 Vice President of Financial Institutions M&A at Salomon Brothers in London.
- 1986 Founding Member of Simec (engineering company).
Education and qualifications
- MBA, IESE Business School.
- Master’s Degree in Financial Management, Johnson School of Management (Cornell University).
- Industrial Engineering Degree, Universidad del País Vasco.