In honor of the men and women who give of themselves to serve the public everyday, BBVA Compass has designated May Everyday Heroes month.
For these heroes* – military personnel, law enforcement officers, firefighters, educators, and healthcare providers among them – BBVA Compass offers a special suite of financial products and product discounts, designed to convey gratitude for the work they do in serving their communities.
“BBVA Compass knows that the work that these heroes do sometimes comes at great personal and financial cost to themselves and their families,” said BBVA Retail Business Planning Manager Carla McEwen. “With this program, we want to both thank and help them on the financial road they’re traveling.”
Among the products offered in the Everyday Heroes program are:
BBVA ClearChoice Free Checking
- BBVA ClearChoice Free Checking includes no monthly service charge.
BBVA ClearChoice Savings
- BBVA Compass will waive the quarterly service charge with a minimum $25 dollar monthly transfer from checking to savings.
Certificates of Deposit (CDs)
- Get a .10% CD rate bump on standard and promotional rates for CDs originated in branch or through telephone banking.
Home Equity Line of Credit
- Everyday Heroes receive a 0.25% (25 basis points) rate discount off our standard rates on home equity products.
- BBVA Compass offers a full range of mortgage solutions and mortgage specialists that can help choose the one that fits our heroes unique financial situation.
- Receive 0.25% off interest rates for loans on auto, boat, motorcycle, RVs or other depreciating collateral loan.
BBVA Compass Express Personal Loan
- Receive a 0.25% interest rate discount on loan amounts from $2,000 – $100,000. Loan amounts up to $50,000 can potentially receive credit notification and funding the same day.
BBVA Compass Credit Cards
- Get 5,000 bonus CompassPoints when you open a new BBVA Compass Rewards Card or BBVA Compass ClearPoints Credit Card within 60 days of opening a new Everyday Hero coded consumer checking account and make $500 in Qualifying Purchases on the credit card within 30 days after opening the credit card.
Accounts and loans subject to approval, which may include credit approval. To learn more about the Everyday Heroes program, click here.
*Everyday Heroes Include: A certified teacher or administrator of an accredited or state-recognized public or private school; A sworn member of a law enforcement department that is responsible for crime detection, prevention, law enforcement or incarceration; A sworn member of a fire department involved in fire suppression or prevention, emergency medical response, hazardous materials response, terrorism response or management; A health care worker who is certified, accredited or licensed to work in the healthcare industry as a nurse, pharmacist or medical technician; or a person who has served or is currently serving in the U.S. Military: active, retired and reserved duty.
Other interesting stories