Biography Act. 23 June 2021
José Manuel González-Páramo
BBVA external adviser
Born in Madrid in 1958.
BBVA professional career
- 2020 BBVA external adviser.
- 2018-2020 Head of Global Economics & Public Affairs.
- 2013-2018 Head of Global Economics, Regulation & Public Affairs.
- 2013 Executive board member.
Previous professional career
- 2004-2012 Member of the Executive Board and of the Governing Council, European Central Bank (ECB).
- 1994-2004 Member of the Governing Council and of the Executive Committee, Bank of Spain.
- 1985-1994 Economic adviser, various public and private institutions including Bank of Spain European Commission, IMF and World Bank Group.
Education and qualifications
- Ph. D., M. Phil. and M.A. in Economics, Columbia University, New York.
- Ph.D. in Economics, Universidad Complutense de Madrid.