Podcast: “The mindset that can change a child's life”, Carol Dweck
Professor of psychology at Stanford University, Carol Dweck is one of the leading researchers and international innovators in education due to her ground-breaking ideas about mindset, motivation, and development. Dweck created the concepts of fixed mindset, people who believe that intelligence is innate and unchangeable; and the growth mindset, those who believe that their skills can improve with training and effort. Through her research, she has concluded that parents, teachers, and educators can help promote the growth mindset. Limiting feedback about a child’s intelligence to praise can have a negative impact and encourage a fixed mindset.
'Aprendemos juntos' is an educational project developed by BBVA to make our brand promise a reality: Creating opportunities. This initiative is also the result of a collaboration with El País and Santillana Group.
- Podcast: Skills to get by in the 21st century, Esther Wojcicki
- Podcast: Learn to think and think to learn, Robert Swartz
- Podcast: Blue School: from Broadway to the classroom, Matt Goldman
- Podcast: "Help your children discover their passions", Richard Gerver
- Podcast: Educating children in an "I can" mindset, Kiran Bir Sethi