For as much momentum the bank has garnered on the business side of operations, BBVA Compass is also creating opportunities through its multiple sponsorships.
In the past few months, the bank has been teaming with brand ambassadors and other organizations to undertake unique and community-elevating initiatives.
Below are specific news items around BBVA Compass’s sponsorships from May to August 2018:
- May 3: BBVA Compass and the Houston Rockets teamed up at a press conference held at the Alabama Sports Hall of Fame to announce the date, location and opponent of the BBVA Compass Iron City Showdown. The preseason game is slated for October 2 at 7 p.m. at the Birmingham–Jefferson Convention Complex against the Memphis Grizzlies. Brand Ambassador Robert Horry participated in the announcement.
- May 18: BBVA Compass Brand Ambassador Tyler Dial, graduated from the University of Texas and released a graduation day single, “Truth in the Way,” followed by his full EP, Repaint, that same month.
- June 6: BBVA Compass and the Houston Dynamo crowned Reason2Race as the winner of their 2018 installment of The Pitch contest, awarding the organization the $10,000 prize to put towards growing their business.
- July 24: When BBVA Compass announced the BBVA Compass Iron City Showdown, it emphasized that the game would also focus on community involvement. One of those opportunities came to fruition when the Iron City Hoop-A-Palooza officially tipped off at John Carroll High School on July 21. Hoop-A-Palooza is a 3 on 3 basketball tournament that will welcome basketball fans of all ages and skill levels to Birmingham this summer and leading up to the October 2 game.
- August 8: As part of its mission to bring the age of opportunity to everyone, BBVA Compass announced that it would be bringing world-class chef Joan Roca to Manhattan to host and serve two dinners at Cipriani Wall Street on September 18 and 19 for select attendees. Roca is the co-owner, along with brothers Jordi and Josep, of El Celler de Can Roca, which is consistently voted in the top 3 in the World’s 50 Best Restaurants list by Restaurant magazine, capturing the no. 2 spot in 2018.
- August 13: Exactly 50 days away from the BBVA Compass Iron City Showdown, Birmingham City Schools (BCS) recognized William J. Christian K-8 students as winners of the BCS Attendance Challenge. The school hosted a pep rally in the gymnasium to inform students of the honor. The students were rewarded with a free ticket to attend the game.
Other interesting stories