James M. Lang: ''Why is it so difficult for us to keep our attention?''
James M. Lang is a Professor of English and the Director of the D’Amour Center for Teaching Excellence at Assumption College in Worcester, MA. He is the author of six books, the most recent of which are Distracted: Why Students Can't Focus and What You Can Do About It, Small Teaching: Everyday Lessons from the Science of Learning, Cheating Lessons: Learning from Academic Dishonesty, and On Course: A Week-by-Week Guide to Your First Semester of College Teaching.
As a public speaker, he has delivered keynote speeches and conducted workshops at more than 100 colleges, universities and high schools in the United States and abroad. He has consulted with the United Nations on a multi-year project to develop teaching materials in ethics and integrity for high school and college faculty.
All BBVA podcast episodes are available in the following platforms: iVoox, Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcast and bbva.com.
- Podcast: Noam Chomsky: It’s time to teach children to understand the world
- Podcast: Altruism as a way of understanding lifein order to reach a mental statusassociated with happiness and well-being
- Podcast: "Being creative is not being original'', Austin Kleon
- Podcast: ''The millennial philosophy that helps you live today'', Massimo Pigliucci
- Podcast: "Knowledge is useless if you don't share it", Michio Kaku
- Podcast: Wendy Suzuki: The importance of saying 'I love you', according to neuroscience
- Podcast: Empathy: Your children learn from what they see in you
- Podcast: "Learning how to learn is more important than ever", Jimmy Wales
- Podcast: Blue School: from Broadway to the classroom, Matt Goldman
- Podcast: "Help your children discover their passions", Richard Gerver
- Podcast: Educating children in an 'I can' mindset, Kiran Bir Sethi