Podcast: ''Knowing how to concentrate is more decisive for a child than his IQ'', Daniel Goleman
Considered to be one of the most influential psychologists of recent times, Daniel Goleman burst onto the international scene as the best-selling author of 'Emotional Intelligence'. Goleman maintains that we should teach our children how to practice and develop emotional intelligence. The psychologist stresses the fundamental importance that our ability to focus our attention plays in today's world, either as a way to practice self-control, to improve our ability to empathize with others, or better understand the world around us, and so there are benefits to training it: "Attention is like a muscle. if we don't use it, it gets weak: if we exercise it, it gets strong." he declares.
'Aprendemos juntos' is an educational project developed by BBVA to make our brand promise a reality: Creating opportunities. This initiative is also the result of a collaboration with El País and Santillana Group.
- Podcast: Learn to think and think to learn, Robert Swartz
- Podcast: "Help your children discover their passions", Richard Gerver
- Podcast: Educating children in an "I can" mindset, Kiran Bir Sethi
- Podcast: Can a group of children with access to the internet learn on their own?, Sugata Mitra
- Podcast: Mindfulness in education, Eline Snel
Other interesting stories