Podcast: Strategies for being a better learner, Barbara Oakley
Barbara Oakley is an engineering professor at Oakland University in Rochester and is a Ramón y Cajal Distinguished Scholar in Global Digital Learning at McMaster University. She is director of the course ‘Learning to learn’ offered by Coursera, the largest online course in the world. Oakley is one of the international pioneers in the area of neuroeducation and winner of numerous teaching awards, such as the Chester F. Carlson Award from the American Society for Engineering Education. Oakley invites us to leave our comfort zone in order to develop new skills and work flexibly: “A quality that will help us to adapt to an ever-changing world,” she says.
‘Aprendemos juntos‘ is an educational project developed by BBVA to make our brand promise a reality: Creating opportunities. This initiative is also the result of a collaboration with El País and Santillana Group.
- Podcast: Learn to think and think to learn, Robert Swartz
- Podcast: “Help your children discover their passions”, Richard Gerver
- Podcast: Educating children in an “I can” mindset, Kiran Bir Sethi
- Podcast: Can a group of children with access to the internet learn on their own?, Sugata Mitra
- Podcast: Mindfulness in education, Eline Snel
Other interesting stories