Podcast: What makes the world’s happiest people different?, Tal Ben-Shahar
A doctor in psychology and philosophy, Tal Ben-Shahar currently holds the record for the largest enrollment in an undergraduate course at Harvard University: over 1400 students per semester. His Positive Psychology course quickly earned professor Tal Ben-Shahar his “Happyness Professor” nickname among students. His theories, which draw on science to propose methods to live life with enthusiasm and happiness, have resonated far beyond his classrooms, and his books have become global bestsellers. Can one learn how to be happy? Ben-Shahar’s answer is that “yes, we can change our levels of happiness,” but he doesn’t stop just there and argues that we should teach children how to be happy at schools.
'Aprendemos juntos' is an educational project developed by BBVA to make our brand promise a reality: Creating opportunities. This initiative is also the result of a collaboration with El País and Santillana Group.
All BBVA podcast episodes are available in the following platforms: iVoox, Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcast and bbva.com.
- Podcast: Learning how to learn is more important than ever
- Podcast: Mindfulness in education, Eline Snel
- Podcast: Skills to get by in the 21st century, Esther Wojcicki
- Podcast: Learn to think and think to learn, Robert Swartz
- Podcast: Blue School: from Broadway to the classroom, Matt Goldman
- Podcast: "Help your children discover their passions", Richard Gerver
- Podcast: Educating children in an "I can" mindset, Kiran Bir Sethi