As a young boy, like any child, William had his own dream: to start a school. But he was born in a place where dreams rarely came true.
As a member of the Maasai tribe, the lines of destiny were clearly drawn: he was to be a warrior. And indeed he was! As a warrior and leader of his community his toughest battle has been his fight to fulfill that dream. In this podcast we will get to know his story: the story of a school founded… in a tree! We’ll also learn about the foundations of the Maasai culture, and William's life in the Mara, a land of the here and now. We’ll hear of his deep reverence for the environment and the animal world, the projects of the women of his tribe, and so many other life lessons.
- Podcast: Education and humanity's journey towards diversity, Oded Galor
- Podcast: What can you learn from an astronaut?, Chris Hadfield
- Podcast: Strategies for being a better learner, Barbara Oakley
- Podcast: "My message to the girls who dream of being scientists", Jane Goodall
- Podcast: Can a group of children with access to the internet learn on their own?, Sugata Mitra
- Podcast: Mindfulness in education, Eline Snel