Similar to other commercial websites, www.bbva.com/ndb uses a technology called “cookies” to collect information about how our web site is used.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to your terminal in order to store data that can be updated and retrieved by the entity responsible for its installation.
Purpose for using cookies on this Website
We use our own cookies and those of third parties to improve our services, customize our website, improve users experience in our website, identify and solve problems, measure the usage, compile statistics and show advertising related to your preferences by analyzing your use of the website.
Types of Cookies we use in this Website
Depending on the purpose
- Technical cookies: these are cookies that enable the user to browse the web page, platform or application and use the different options or service on it, e.g. to control traffic and data communication, to identify the session, to access restricted web site areas, to record elements that go to make up an order, to make a subscription or an application to participate in an event, to use security elements during browsing, to store content to broadcast videos or sound or to share content over the social networks.
- Geolocation cookies: these cookies permit us to know from where the user is requesting a service. This cookie is anonymous and is used for example to offer you the proper information depending on the country where you are.
- Personalization cookies: these are cookies that enable the user to access the service pursuant to certain general, pre-defined characteristics according to a range of criteria on the user’s terminal, such as language, browser type used to access the service, regional configuration from where the service is accessed, etc.
- Analysis cookies: are those that enable its owner, monitoring and analyzing the behavior of users of the website to which they are linked. The information gathered through such cookies is used for measuring the activity of the website, platform or application and for profiling navigation of users of the website, platform or application, in order to improve the website based on those analysis.
- Advertising cookies: these cookies enable us to manage the offer of the advertising space on the web page as efficiently as possible, adapting the ad content to the content of the service requested or the use you make of our web page.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: these cookies that enable the efficient as possible management of the advertising space available on the website. These cookies store information on user behavior from continued observation of user browsing habits, thus enabling the developing of a specific profile to show advertising consistent with the behavior in question.
Depending on the duration
- Session cookies: these are a type of cookie designed to collect and store information while the user is accessing a website. These cookies are not stored on the user’s computer when the session expires or the browser is closed.
- Persistent cookies: these are a type of cookie in which the data continue to be stored on the user’s computer and can be accessed and processed when the user leaves the website and when he/she returns to it. The user can delete these cookies at any time.
Depending on who manages the cookies
- Own cookies: Are those sent to the users terminal from a computer or domain managed by the owner of the website and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third party cookies: Are those sent to the users terminal from a computer or domain that is not managed by the owner of the website and from which the service requested by the user is provided but for another entity that processes the data gathered by the cookie. Likewise in the event that cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the owner of the website itself but the information collected is managed by a third party , they will also be considered as third-party cookies.
The Website collects information on users by means of installing the following cookies on its visitors’ hard disks.
|viewed_cookie_policy||BBVA||Personalization||Persistent||Used to distinguish if user accepts cookies policy.|
The third-party cookies procedures are managed and controlled exclusively by each provider.
Third Party Cookies
|_ga||Google Analytics||Analysis||2 years||Used to distinguish users.|
|_gat||Analysis||1 minute||Used to throttle request rate.|
|_gid||Analysis||24 hours||Used to distinguish users.|
|loc||Addthis.com||Social Network||Persistent||Used to share content on third parties sites (Facebook, Twitter, Google+)|
Users can allow, block or delete the cookies installed on their computer at any time by means of changing the configuration settings of the browser installed on their computers:
Disabling cookies neither prevents viewing the pages on this web site nor interferes with browsing. BBVA can modify this cookies policy at any given time whenever so required by current legislation or whenever there is some change to the cookies used on this web site.
The user may at any time revoke consent in relation to this Cookies Policy by deleting the cookies stored on the computer through the configuration and settings of your Internet browser, as listed above.
In case you have any doubt, comment or suggestion regarding this Cookies Policy you may contact us in this email: email@example.com