Every May, the Small Business Administration, and other organizations invested in entrepreneurship, celebrate National Small Business Week, recognizing the contributions of small business owners across the country.
The annual week has been in existence for more than fifty years and has been a staple in supporting small business growth. This year is no different, as organizations are gearing up on their plans to cultivate their local small business’ future successes.
Here's what entrepreneurs can expect from the Small Business Administration in a few weeks (May 5 - 11, 2019):
- A #SmallBusinessWeek Hackathon in Washington D.C. will allow attendees to spend the weekend solving “real business challenges” on their laptop, kicking off the week.
- National Awards Ceremonies from the Small Business Administration can be watched on May 5 from the SBA Facebook page. Awards include categories in SBA resource partnership and disaster assistance.
- Social media can be a tough and complex marketing challenge for any small business to tackle. A workshop on Monday May 6 at 10:30 a.m. ET via the SBA’s Facbook page dives into social media tips for entrepreneurs.
(Story continues below)
- The SBA Twitter handle, @SBAgov, will be hosting a live Twitter chat on Friday, May 10, where participants can ask the experts questions around how to start and grow a small business. Follow the #SmallBusinessWeek hashtag.
- The U.S. Small Business Administration and SCORE Association will host a free, 2-Day Virtual Conference during National Small Business Week, from May 7 to Wednesday May 9. Click here for more details and information on how to register.
BBVA Compass will be extending their helping hand this May in various ways. More details on those offers and developments will be made available at the start of National Small Business Week.