Doug Lemov: Reading makes you different
Doug Lemov is the founder of Uncommon Schools. Rare are the elementary schools that use their own teaching methodology based on values such as respect, hard work and kindness so that students love school from the beginning.
He is also the author of Teach Like a Champion, an acclaimed work about teachers working in North America´s urban areas who have obtained outstanding results. By analyzing their teaching methods, he has compiled a collection of helpful techniques obtained throughout years of observing some of the best teachers in the highest performing urban classrooms in the country.
- Podcast: Noam Chomsky: It’s time to teach children to understand the world
- Podcast: Altruism as a way of understanding lifein order to reach a mental statusassociated with happiness and well-being
- Podcast: "Being creative is not being original'', Austin Kleon
- Podcast: ''The millennial philosophy that helps you live today'', Massimo Pigliucci
- Podcast: "Knowledge is useless if you don't share it", Michio Kaku
- Podcast: Wendy Suzuki: The importance of saying 'I love you', according to neuroscience
- Podcast: Empathy: Your children learn from what they see in you
- Podcast: "Learning how to learn is more important than ever", Jimmy Wales
- Podcast: Blue School: from Broadway to the classroom, Matt Goldman
- Podcast: "Help your children discover their passions", Richard Gerver
- Podcast: Educating children in an 'I can' mindset, Kiran Bir Sethi
Other interesting stories