Podcast: "We need brave boys and girls", Gever Tulley
Should children, to grow up healthy, do dangerous things? According to Gever Tulley, founder of Brightworks School and Tinkering School, two educational initiatives based on learning through experimentation, controlled risk can be a powerful educational tool. This educator firmly believes that education needs to free itself from parental over-protection. “We need brave boys and girls, who are prepared to confront the challenges of the world to come.” The message for fearful parents is clear: “Don’t let your fear be the only thing that interferes with your child’s autonomy.”
'Aprendemos juntos' is an educational project developed by BBVA to make our brand promise a reality: Creating opportunities. This initiative is also the result of a collaboration with El País and Santillana Group.
- Podcast: What can you learn from an astronaut?, Chris Hadfield
- Podcast: Strategies for being a better learner, Barbara Oakley
- Podcast: "My message to the girls who dream of being scientists", Jane Goodall
- Podcast: Can a group of children with access to the internet learn on their own?, Sugata Mitra
- Podcast: Mindfulness in education, Eline Snel