Garanti BBVA reported its financial results for the first quarter of 2022, posting a net income of TL 8.26 billion, and TL 953.35 billion in assets. Garanti BBVA CEO Recep Baştuğ called attention to the bank’s performance in lending, with the loan portfolio soaring 17 percent to TL 309 billion. “It was a quarter in which we gained market share from the sector in both TL and foreign currency loans, and we are the leader in consumer loans among private banks,” he said. The bank provided a total of TL 712.12 billion in cash and non-cash loans.
BBVA Chair Carlos Torres Vila was re-elected as a Board member with 98 percent of the votes at the Annual General Meeting, held on Friday in Bilbao. The Group’s CEO Onur Genç was also re-elected with 99 percent of the votes. The AGM was held under a mixed format (remote and onsite), with a quorum of 65 percent.
For the fifth time in the past six years, Garanti BBVA was named Turkey's Best Investment Bank by Global Finance, one of the world's leading financial magazines. The award confirms the bank’s expertise and reliability in international energy projects and major investments.
The Latin American Federation of Banks (Felaban) organized its 2nd regulatory meeting in Madrid. The employers' association, which gathers the main banking associations in the region, participated in a working meeting with BBVA executives where they analyzed the outlook for Latin America post-pandemic.
Türkiye Garanti Bankası A.Ş., announced its financial statements dated 30 June 2021. Based on the consolidated financials, the Bank’s net income in the first 6 months of the year was recorded as TL 5 billion 437 million 136 thousand. Asset size realized at TL 607 billion 787 million 125 thousand and the Bank’s contribution to the economy through cash and non-cash loans was TL 473 billion 179 million 816 thousand.
Türkiye Garanti Bankası A.Ş., announced its financial statements dated 31 March 2021. Based on consolidated financials, the Bank’s net income in the first three months of the year were recorded as TL 2.54 billion. Asset size realized at almost TL 569 billion and the Bank’s contribution to the economy through cash and non-cash loans was arround TL 446 billion. Actively managing the funding base, deposits continued to be the main funding source; 65% of assets were funded via deposits.
Carlos Torres Vila, Group Chairman
- Sustainability: Banks have a key role in “analyzing investment opportunities and managing the risks associated” to climate change
- Sale of the U.S. subsidiary: “We have an extraordinary position of strength, which gives us tremendous strategic optionality to continue creating value for shareholders”
- Dividend: “We propose to the AGM the approval of the agreements required to implement a share buyback plan of up to 10 percent of the Group’s shares once the sale of our U.S. subsidiary is closed”
Onur Genç, Chief executive officer
- Digitization: “Our focus on creating end-to-end digital solutions and processes has been key to reaching new clients, which is one of our strategic priorities”
- Capital: Following the sale of the U.S. subsidiary, BBVA will be “one of Europe’s best capitalized banks, with the largest margin between our capital position and the minimum requirement”
- Team: “We continue fostering inclusion and diversity, because we are convinced that it makes us better, as a company and as a society”
The Bank Insurance & Securities Association (BISA) has reaffirmed its 2021 Board of Directors, and Veronica Rink will serve her second year of her three-year term, the association announced. In addition, Rink will continue to serve on the organization's Membership Committee as well as other initiatives and task forces.
BBVA has once again been included in Fortune magazine’s 2021 ranking of the “world’s most admired” companies. It is the only Spanish bank in the megabank category.
BBVA announced today the new addition of Mou Das to its Houston Global Wealth team. Das will serve as a senior vice president in the role of private banker. Her responsibilities include serving the bank’s Global Wealth clients in the Houston area through a variety of channels and advice on wealth building and management.
In 2020, BBVA USA’s Global Wealth team exceeded client expectations with its flexible approach to its wealth management services at the onset of the pandemic. This year, that customer satisfaction yielded a 2021 best-in-class firm score from a Greenwich Associates study, as announced by the research firm last week.
Greenwich Associates announced today its Greenwich Excellence Awards, a series of honors that recognizes top 2020 performers in the banking industry in a variety of topics, highlighting BBVA USA in a plethora of categories.