08 Jun 2021
BBVA and the majority of the labor union representatives (CC.OO., ACB and UGT) have reached an agreement on the adjustment plan in Spain, which involves redundancies of part of the workforce (a total of 2,935 people, about 10 percent of employees of the Group in Spain) through layoffs and voluntary terminations, and an outplacement program for 100 percent of the affected employees through Randstad. The agreement also includes the closing of 480 branches. The process has been characterized by a constructive dialogue between the parties to reach the best agreement for everyone.
01 Jun 2021
The BBVA Group closed today the sale of its U.S. subsidiary to The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc., announced in November 2020. BBVA will continue operating in the U.S. through its broker-dealer BBVA Securities and the New York branch – from which it will provide wholesale banking services –, as well as the fintech investment fund Propel Venture Partners.
25 May 2021
BBVA USA today announced the opening of 11 new branches across five Texas markets, marking a major milestone in an endeavor first announced in June 2020.
The branches, opened in early May, feature updated branch models aligned with the bank’s vision of integrating both a digital and face-to-face branch banking experience for customers. The bank’s new set of branches can be found in the Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Fort Worth and Dallas markets.
20 Apr 2021
BBVA shareholders backed the possibility of redeeming up to 10 percent of the bank’s share capital, equivalent to 667 million shares, with 99.6 percent of the votes at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) held in Bilbao today. This item on the agenda aims to be able to implement a relevant share buyback, as means of distribution to shareholders.
Carlos Torres Vila, Group Chairman
- Sustainability: Banks have a key role in “analyzing investment opportunities and managing the risks associated” to climate change
- Sale of the U.S. subsidiary: “We have an extraordinary position of strength, which gives us tremendous strategic optionality to continue creating value for shareholders”
- Dividend: “We propose to the AGM the approval of the agreements required to implement a share buyback plan of up to 10 percent of the Group’s shares once the sale of our U.S. subsidiary is closed”
Onur Genç, Chief executive officer
- Digitization: “Our focus on creating end-to-end digital solutions and processes has been key to reaching new clients, which is one of our strategic priorities”
- Capital: Following the sale of the U.S. subsidiary, BBVA will be “one of Europe’s best capitalized banks, with the largest margin between our capital position and the minimum requirement”
- Team: “We continue fostering inclusion and diversity, because we are convinced that it makes us better, as a company and as a society”
12 Apr 2021
The Bank Insurance & Securities Association (BISA) has reaffirmed its 2021 Board of Directors, and Veronica Rink will serve her second year of her three-year term, the association announced. In addition, Rink will continue to serve on the organization's Membership Committee as well as other initiatives and task forces.
11 Mar 2021
BBVA announced today the new addition of Mou Das to its Houston Global Wealth team. Das will serve as a senior vice president in the role of private banker. Her responsibilities include serving the bank’s Global Wealth clients in the Houston area through a variety of channels and advice on wealth building and management.
16 Nov 2020
BBVA has agreed to sell to PNC its subsidiary in the U.S. for $11.6 billion (€9.7 billion¹) in cash, an amount that represents 19.7 times the unit’s 2019 earnings², and that is almost 50% of BBVA’s current market capitalization, creating significant value for shareholders. The transaction will have a positive impact on BBVA’s fully loaded CET1 ratio of c.300 basis points, or €8.5 billion of CET1 generation.
10 Nov 2020
BBVA USA, the U.S. subsidiary of Madrid-based BBVA, today announced it is offering a digital Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC) through its website, powered by Prosper, a leading online marketplace for consumer loans. Prosper’s digital HELOC platform, which was developed to simplify the process of applying for and obtaining a HELOC, is now available to BBVA USA customers in select states via the BBVA-branded version of the platform.
21 Oct 2020
The judge underlines that BBVA has contributed all relevant results for the preliminary investigation, accepts the bank's offer to make documents available and dismisses all requests from other parties.
31 Aug 2020
BBVA USA and organizers of The World Games 2022 Birmingham today announced that BBVA will serve as the presenting sponsor of the event’s official volunteer program, adding a hometown supporter with a global presence to the upcoming international sports competition.
18 Aug 2020
BBVA USA has launched a new ad campaign designed to highlight the bank’s efforts in helping people and businesses take the first steps in their recovery from the pandemic and reach financial milestones in the future.
25 Mar 2020
BBVA USA is providing additional assistance across its footprint to those who have been negatively impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak, including new offers for consumers and small businesses, and specialized benefits for employees.
17 Mar 2020
BBVA USA is offering special assistance to consumer and small business customers impacted by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, including penalty-free withdrawals from applicable CDs, ATM fee refunds, and payment deferrals, extensions and waivers on existing loans and lines of credit, among other offers.
13 Mar 2020
Carlos Torres Vila, Group executive chairman
- Excellent figures: “In 2019 BBVA posted its highest net attributable profit of the past decade without one-offs”
- New strategic priorities: We want “to improve our clients’ financial health and help them transition toward a sustainable future”
- Dividend: BBVA is proposing at the AGM a complementary gross cash dividend of €0.16 per share. The total dividend for the year stands at €0.26 per share, which reflects a 36 percent of attributable profit, excluding the impact of the goodwill adjustment in the U.S.
Onur Genç, Chief executive officer
- Business model: “Once again, we have demonstrated the strength of our diversified model”
- Profitability: “We are number one in terms of profitability,” among 15 largest European banks
09 Mar 2020
Commercial banking veteran Orlando Castañeda has been named BBVA USA McAllen City President, where he will lead all Commercial operations in the market.
14 Feb 2020
After naming a new CEO to take over its Houston market to start the year, BBVA USA has now announced that it has appointed Dee Hunt as its new Houston Global Wealth Executive.
09 Jan 2020
BBVA USA has appointed Jorge Unda as Chief Investment Officer of its asset management units. In his new role, Unda will be responsible for overseeing the asset management functions of both the bank’s Asset Management & Trust division and those of BBVA Wealth Solutions, Inc., a registered investment adviser affiliate of the bank.
23 Dec 2019
BBVA USA announced today that Susana Valencia has been named its Texas Border and Gulf Coast CEO, promoting a long-time bank employee and leader.
19 Dec 2019
Ryan Companies, Page and BBVA USA announced today their plans to build a 60 floor multi-use project in the Central Business District (CBD) of Austin, Texas. The project, located at 311 and 321 West 6th Street, will have 60 floors inclusive of office, residential and parking.
05 Dec 2019
BBVA USA, in its continued commitment to creating opportunities for the area’s business landscape, announced today that it has added five veteran bankers to its Houston Commercial Emerging Companies team.
19 Nov 2019
BBVA USA announced today that Jon Rebello has been named its Austin CEO, where he will oversee Commercial banking and Global Wealth operations in the market.
BBVA USA has promoted Dillan Knudson to the position of Houston CEO, where he will oversee Commercial banking and Global Wealth operations for the bank’s biggest U.S. market.
15 Nov 2019
BBVA USA announced today that it has promoted Kevin Fretz to the position of BBVA USA Director of Franchise Finance.
07 Nov 2019
BBVA USA, in its mission to bring the age of opportunity to everyone, is celebrating Veterans Day by donating up to $20,000 to help end veteran homelessness.
07 Aug 2019
BBVA has reached an agreement with Banco GNB Paraguay, a unit of Grupo Financiero Gilinski, to sell 100% of its capital in BBVA Paraguay, for about 270 million dollars (about 240 million euros). Said price is subject to the regular adjustments for these kind of transactions between the signing and closing dates of the transaction.
24 May 2019
BBVA USA today announced that it has named Kevin McMahon as its new U.S. Head of Engineering, where he will be responsible for the company's overall information technology strategy.
14 May 2019
- Earnings: For the first quarter of 2019, BBVA Compass reports a net income of $141 million.
- Community Investment: The BBVA Compass Foundation donates $1 million to the construction of Avenue Center, a mixed-use community resource center in north Houston.
- Unified Brand: BBVA announces that it will launch a new logo and unify its brand across its footprint, with BBVA becoming the Group's name globally.
18 Apr 2019
- Workplace Equality: BBVA Compass earns a perfect score of 100 percent on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2019 Corporate Equality Index.
- Risk Management: BBVA Compass joins 11 other financial institutions to advance best practices for managing third-party risk in the financial services industry.
- Financial Education: On the heels of a successful four-month pilot, BBVA Compass launches its full financial education program for 2019
01 Apr 2019
BBVA Compass has named Ray J. Black, Jr. as its new Head of Estate Settlement, where he will oversee the settlement and administration of estates and offer guidance and support to the bank’s trust advisors in the field.