- Building Up: BBVA USA announced its involvement in a new 60-story, multi-use tower in downtown Austin.
- Enhancing Answers: BBVA USA announced that it was one of a few firms to beta test Yext Answers, a new search product for websites.
- Delivering Cheer: The BBVA Foundation teamed with its nonprofit partners to spread holiday joy to families participating in its financial education program.
20 Dec 2019
- Appointments: BBVA USA promotes Dillan Knudson to Houston CEO and Jon Rebello to Austin CEO; the bank also appoints personnel in various business units.
- Entrepreneurship: BBVA USA announces the overall winners for two of the bank’s small business initiatives.
- New Campaign: BBVA USA rolls out its biggest broadcast and digital marketing campaign in a decade.
23 Oct 2019
- Sustainability: BBVA USA becomes a founding signatory of the United Nations Principles for Responsible Banking, joining 130 banks worldwide committed to sustainability.
- Open Platform: BBVA Open Platform CEO Abhishek Gupta discusses the benefits of open banking and Banking-as-a-Service.
- Industry Recognitions: BBVA USA Chief Talent & Culture Executive earns Most Powerful Women in Banking recognition, and BBVA Net Cash USA Mobile app wins for best mobile and online experience.
18 Sep 2019
- Community Investment: BBVA and the Montrose Center, along with Houston community leaders, break ground on an affordable, LGBTQ-affirming independent senior living center.
- Retail Banking: BBVA USA Retail Banking Head Çağri Süzer highlights why branches and digital are complementary forces for the bank.
- Small Business: BBVA and the Houston Dynamo announce their annual small business contest.
14 May 2019
- Earnings: For the first quarter of 2019, BBVA Compass reports a net income of $141 million.
- Community Investment: The BBVA Compass Foundation donates $1 million to the construction of Avenue Center, a mixed-use community resource center in north Houston.
- Unified Brand: BBVA announces that it will launch a new logo and unify its brand across its footprint, with BBVA becoming the Group’s name globally.
26 Apr 2019
Multiple tech startups are disrupting the old guard and traditional way of doing things. Some people don’t even step foot inside of a grocery store anymore, choosing to stock their fridge with an online app or website from their couch.
18 Apr 2019
- Workplace Equality: BBVA Compass earns a perfect score of 100 percent on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2019 Corporate Equality Index.
- Risk Management: BBVA Compass joins 11 other financial institutions to advance best practices for managing third-party risk in the financial services industry.
- Financial Education: On the heels of a successful four-month pilot, BBVA Compass launches its full financial education program for 2019
07 Mar 2019
- Entrepreneurship: BBVA Compass announced three opportunities for small businesses to garner funding.
- Recognitions: BBVA Compass earned recognition from Global Finance magazine, AVA Digital Awards and GoBankingRates.com.
- “Outstanding” Performance: The Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta rates BBVA Compass “Outstanding” for CRA performance.
20 Feb 2019
- Earnings: BBVA Compass reported a net income of $196 million for the fourth quarter of 2018.
- Appointments: BBVA Compass appointed Miami Market CEO and new Global Wealth Executive.
- Shutdown Relief: BBVA Compass announced that it will provide financial relief for clients directly impacted by the recent federal government shutdown.
10 Oct 2018
Because safety is our top priority, many BBVA Compass branches along the Alabama and Florida Gulf Coast were closed on Oct. 10 due to Hurricane Michael. Below are the branches’ current status. We will continue to provide any updates as they become available. Online Banking and the BBVA Compass Mobile Banking app are still available, and you can also call us at 1-800-COMPASS.
14 Jul 2018
Top news and articles from BBVA Compass in June reflected the bank’s commitment to being a digital leader and engine of opportunity for customers, small businesses and communities throughout its footprint. The bank also positioned itself as a financial education resource, publishing a series of informational articles on homeownership.
15 Jun 2018
BBVA Compass‘ record quarterly earnings for the first quarter of 2018 was top news on bbva.com for the month of April. Other leading news in April and May reflected the bank’s commitment to small businesses, financial education, and being an engine of opportunity locally and within its communities. The bank also published a series of articles that spotlighted its culture, employees and digital transformation.
27 Feb 2018
Following up on her recognition of being named among the Most Powerful Women in Business by Black Enterprise, BBVA Compass Chief Talent & Culture Executive Rosilyn Houston has recently earned an appearance on the publication’s top executives list, 300 Most Powerful Executives in Corporate America. Houston’s recognition underscores her contribution to positioning BBVA Compass as an inclusive, innovative and employee-centric organization.
16 Feb 2018
With the recent evolution in the realm of HR technology, there has been a rise in the number of organizations leveraging data and using it to obtain insights that drive their decision-making process. This data-driven perspective leads to a remarkable shift in the role of HR, advancing its function from reactive to proactive; from tactical to strategic. In a recent HR Tech Outlook feature, BBVA Compass Director of People Analytics Morgan Turnipseed shared knowledge on how workforce analytics is becoming an integral business component at the bank.
14 Feb 2018
BBVA Compass continues to create opportunities for its clients, consumers and communities throughout its footprint, focusing on impactful hyper-local initiatives. Published on the bank’s global news platform, bbva.com, the articles below highlight BBVA Compass’ commitment to being an engine of opportunity within the communities it serves, and a bank with a mission of providing insights and services that help position its clients and consumers for a bright financial future.
23 Jan 2018
From part time teller to BBVA Compass small-medium enterprise commercial banking West Region officer, Dinuk Perera built his career on determination. In this edition of Employee Spotlight, Perera puts the phrase, “chase your dreams”, into perspective and shares his inspirational story of creating opportunities to succeed.
09 Jan 2018
In December, BBVA Compass published a series of articles that captured its brand promise of “creating opportunities,” honing in on efforts and investments that will positively impact underserved communities throughout the bank’s footprint. The bank also positioned itself as an engine of opportunity for people, highlighting its commitment to helping customers digitally and through an array of financial services.
05 Jan 2018
Acting on its brand message and promise of “creating opportunities,” BBVA Compass continues to pave the way for people and communities throughout its footprint. Most recently, the bank dedicated time to two community service projects in San Diego as a sponsor of AFP Aware, an initiative where the Association for Financial Professionals (AFP), as part of its annual conference, partners with organizations committed to corporate and social responsibility.
08 Dec 2017
In November, BBVA Compass published a series of articles that underscored its efforts of being an inclusive and digital bank committed to the customers, clients and communities throughout its footprint. Top articles of the month were centered around a recognition for the award-winning BBVA Compass Mobile Banking app; the bank’s recent achievement from the Human Rights Campaign; dinners held for the bank’s Denver clients; and the bank’s new agreement with entertainment presenter, AEG.
09 Nov 2017
Last month, BBVA Compass showcased its digital prowess with headline stories about BBVA Open Talent, its 2017 online banking award from Javelin Strategy & Research, and Tuyyo, BBVA’s new money transfer mobile app. The bank also published articles that highlighted it as an engine of opportunity for its employees and the communities throughout its footprint. The bank wrapped up its month of stories on Oct. 27, releasing its third quarter earnings.
08 Nov 2017
Remittances remain a major, if not the largest, source of foreign revenue for Mexico. In 2016, the dollar volume for remittances to Mexico jumped 8.8% over the prior year and reached an all-time high of nearly $27 billion — about 95% of those remittances came from the U.S. The U.S.-Mexico corridor is one of the largest remittance sectors in the world, and four key influences are helping to further fuel its significant growth.
06 Oct 2017
BBVA Compass Underserved and Multicultural Segment Manager Julieta Falcon creates opportunities for people from all walks of life to obtain the financial tools to have a bright future. In this edition of Employee Spotlight, BBVA Compass gains insight into Falcon’s professional outlooks and milestones, as well as her passion for tailoring the retail banking experience to best serve and meet the needs of the unbanked and underbanked populations.
29 Sep 2017
Hurricane Harvey, one of the most damaging hurricanes in U.S. history, might have put on a show during its destructive performance across Texas, but the philanthropic efforts of BBVA Compass employees also took center stage. Although the storm made a costly appearance, the bank’s team members demonstrated how the invaluable impact of helping others could be enough to outlast the the storm’s moment of fame.
23 Sep 2017
The path of devastation left by Hurricanes Harvey and Irma has affected more than tens of thousands of people along the Texas Gulf Coast and Florida. According to BBVA Research USA, the economic impact of Harvey could reach $111 billion for Texas and $52 billion for Florida due to Hurricane Irma. Now as impacted communities transition to the recovery stage, many neighbors and people throughout the nation are willing to lend a helping hand. Here are a few ways you can assist with disaster relief efforts.
22 Sep 2017
As BBVA Compass national sales manager for small business administration (SBA) lending, Rosaline is creating opportunities for entrepreneurs to realize their dreams. Her contributing role, 25-plus years of relevant experience, and passion for supporting start-ups and small enterprises are helping BBVA Compass punch above its weight in small business lending.
12 Sep 2017
On Sept. 12, the American Heart Association announced the results of its 2017 Workplace Health Achievement Index, a comprehensive annual survey that assesses and measures the quality and overall effectiveness of workplace health programs at companies across the nation. BBVA Compass is the only company headquartered in Birmingham, Ala. and bank with an employee count of over 5,000 to earn Gold level for cultivating a culture of health within its workforce.
11 Sep 2017
According to the National Retail Federation (NRF), the average family will spend nearly $700 on the return to school this year, contributing to the nation’s projected back-to-school spending total of $29.5 billion — the second highest figure on record and an 8 percent increase from last year. Although consumer confidence seems to be on the rise, BBVA Compass realizes that budget and convenience were probably still two core subjects in a parent’s back-to-school shopping curriculum this year.
07 Aug 2017
Since late 2016, BBVA Compass has been leveraging cloud-based tools from Salesforce, the leading customer relationship management (CRM) company, to centralize and manage the profiles of current and potential clients — an effort that will help to deliver a more unified and tailored banking experience.
31 Jul 2017
Entrepreneurs seeking to launch or expand their enterprise may experience big success for their small business when it’s built with a set of prime financial tools. According to BBVA Compass Director of Small Business Product Solutions Lance Gibson, while needs differ from business to business, there are some financial tools that are essential when it comes to starting or growing a small business.
26 Jul 2017
06 Jul 2017
22 Jun 2017
BBVA Compass further adopts a new internal workstyle aimed at providing the bank with the organizational structure and necessary competitive capabilities to collectively focus and quickly respond to the digital transformation within the U.S. banking arena.
Since its inception in 2009, the BBVA Compass Mobile Banking app has been nationally recognized for its functionality and user experience, adding a series of awards to its wall of digital achievements and achieving milestones that have raised the mobile banking standard.
08 Jun 2017
Introducing Employee Spotlight, a branded series showcasing a diverse selection of employees from across BBVA Compass’ footprint who are helping to push the bank forward.
18 May 2017
Out of the 600 national banks evaluated by research-based financial consulting firm, Greenwich Associates, BBVA Compass has earned its spot as a customer service leader in cash management among the 37 institutions recognized by midsize businesses for excellence in middle market banking.
11 May 2017
Teaming with world’s most famous hacker Kevin Mitnick, BBVA Compass has been traveling across its markets and sharing cybersecurity insight in a quest to put its clients at the forefront of the new digital frontier.
20 Apr 2017
As part of BBVA Compass’ promotional campaign, Check It Out, Houston-area client Derrick Russell was recently awarded $1,000 for depositing a one-penny check through the Mobile Deposit® feature on the BBVA Compass Mobile Banking app.
05 Apr 2017
BBVA Compass South Florida Market President Roberto Muñoz was honored last week with Florida International University’s Distinguished Alumni Award at its 16th Annual Torch Awards Gala. The celebratory event recognized alumni and faculty who are positively impacting their profession, the Miami community and the university.
30 Mar 2017
On Wednesday, former black hat hacker turned security consultant Kevin Mitnick headlined BBVA Compass’ Bright Perspectives event held in Jacksonville, leading the minds of Northeast Florida clients on dynamic business technology topics such as cybersecurity.
28 Mar 2017
BBVA Compass Insurance Agency, an affiliate of BBVA Compass, has partnered with Boise-based Covr Financial Technologies, a digital personal insurance platform, to offer insurance seekers direct control over the insurance-buying process with turnkey access to quotes and product information from a network of carriers.
15 Mar 2017
BBVA Compass Talent & Culture Executive Rosilyn Houston is among a group of corporate female heavyweights named by Black Enterprise as 2017’s “Most Powerful Women in Business”.
07 Mar 2017
With a cash-back incentive, BBVA Compass aims to boost client engagement and awareness around the convenience of depositing via its award-winning Mobile Banking app.
26 Jan 2017
On Jan. 23 BBVA Compass, Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner, Houston Downtown Management District and Visit Houston joined Houston Bike Share to cut the ribbon at its newest Bcycle station in Downtown Houston. The opening of the “Crawford Island” station was celebrated in tandem with the launch of Houston Bike Share’s “BBVA Compass Free Rides” program, an initiative offering free Bcycle rides in Houston from Jan. 27 through Feb. 5.